At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative development team in La Jolla, CA.
The successful candidate will plan, design, and write software modules and web applications in support of our order intake and management systems as well as laboratory processing and tracking systems.
Effectiveness in this role requires an in-depth working knowledge of software engineering and manufacturing processes, equipment and systems. This is a senior level position, responsible for developing, modifying and maintaining broad/complex programs and applications.
This position interacts with all levels of internal customers and external vendors. That interaction requires excellent communication and analytical/troubleshooting skills in identifying problems and implementing efficient solutions.
Requirements / Required Skills:
- Design and develop web services using WCF, ASP.NET Web API, SOAP, REST, XML, and JSON.
- Understanding of microservices using Docker, event-driven architecture, web security architecture, SOA and other architectural patterns.
- Design, develop, and support advance data-driven applications/reports with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), DTS, SQL, and stored procedures.
- Responsible for generation of software validation protocols and test programs as well as software requirements and specification documents.
- Experience writing high quality unit tests against mock objects / services.
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy.
- Collaborate with Engineering staff and non-technical professionals in other departments in the design, development, construction, installation and maintenance of software applications.
- Contribute to the Software Engineering effort on a high-level in cross-functional project teams, identify project specifications and equipment needs and carry out the necessary effort.
- Ability to interface with external contractors or OEM developers and integrate with external services and APIs.
- Troubleshoot the most challenging problems, recommend and implement solutions which combine many different systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a good understanding of “DevOps” culture with CI integration.
- Experience with Agile software development process.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or significant experience.
- 7+ years relevant engineering experience or equivalent.
- 5+ years design and development experience using Microsoft .NET Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, ASP.NET, and web services.
- Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
- Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Have a proven ability to self-manage, as well as the ability to manage peer relationships
- Development with client-side MVC Frameworks (such as AngularJS, React).
- Development of software under FDA/GMP regulatory or ISO standards.
- Experience working in a laboratory or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with any LIMS (Wildtype Informatics or CORE Informatics a plus)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Apache
- Experience with IIS
- Experience with Active Directory a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration servers (Jenkins a plus)
- Experience with Docker
- Term Entry +
- Company Synthetic Genomics