The internship provides the ideal candidate the opportunity to work with the Business Strategy team. This team works at the nexus of climate, energy and the business community, with a focus on the Center’s work with its Business Environmental Leadership Council (BELC) and the Climate Leadership Conference. The intern will work directly with the Director of Corporate Engagement and other C2ES program staff.
- Researching, maintaining, and communicating (both externally and internally) information on climate and energy-related corporate strategies, reporting, and disclosure, both domestically and internationally;
- Supporting the Center’s communication and collaboration with BELC companies, NGOs, governments, and other key stakeholder groups;
- Helping to support C2ES’ role as the co-convener of the annual Climate Leadership Conference;
- Supporting research and editing of C2ES reports/whitepapers;
- Supporting meetings, workshops and briefings for BELC member companies and other stakeholders;
- Maintaining and improving content of business portions of the C2ES website.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business/economics or related disciplines with focus in energy/environment, or in environmental policy/science with focus on economics and business; Masters level student preferred;
- Interdisciplinary understanding of the climate change issue (technology, politics, economics);
- Prior work experience in business, finance or consulting preferred;
- Top-notch writing, editing, research, and analytic skills; journalism/advanced writing skills a plus;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to learn and pitch in at all levels.
Status: Part-time/Full-time internship
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Center for Climate & Energy Solutions