Acts as representative to customer’s organization. Establishes and builds relationships in local, regional and national markets. Manages and promptly resolves customer concerns. Records, tracks customer interactions in accordance with corporation’s procedures. Verifies product installations and that all paperwork received is accurate and complete. Sells technical products/services, trains on technical specifications and program requirements, and communicates program changes. Develops strategies to drive increased savings acquisition. Works with engineering and program to research and analyze current and future technical specifications and requirements. Prepares sales forecasts. Troubleshoots technical issues, determines solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends solutions.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Relevant training, industry certifications, education, and work experience could replace education
30% Maintain current accounts and develop new accounts for lower kWh goals for one or more programs. Accounts can be low risk and transitional.
15% Act as local, on-site program and company representative to customers and contractors; to encourage participation in the program and overcome barriers. Design and deliver proposals.
15% Troubleshoot technical problems and issues, provide technical advice, guidance and training on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement in accordance with client specifications
10% Document customer and contractor interactions to adhere to program requirements. Provide input and status updates to program staff
30% Travel throughout a defined territory with a limited geographic coverage or lower-tier client impact
Additional Job Description
Job Description Summary
CLEAResult is seeking a Multifamily Account Manager to work in the New England Multifamily Programs. The programs include National Grid’s Energy Wise Program, Eversource’s Residential Multifamily Assessment Program, and Liberty Utilities. The account manager will be responsible for development and oversight of energy conservation retrofit projects, in multifamily housing complexes. The service territory includes, but is not limited to, National Grid’s Merrimack Valley, North Shore district, and all of Eversource’s service territory and all of Liberty’s territory.
- Scheduling and performing on-site surveys to identify program eligible measures.
- Selecting energy conservation materials for retrofits.
- Writing proposals for recommended work.
- Soliciting and awarding contractor bids.
- Coordinating with internal service departments for applicable project components, such as air sealing and insulation scheduling.
- Evaluating eligible measures with utility’s software and submitting recommended measures to utility for approval.
- Presenting and selling retrofit packages to customers.
- Managing retrofit projects from inception to completion, including quality control.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
Additional Job Description
- Strong technical skills regarding lighting retrofits and building shell diagnostics.
- Strong technical skills regarding identifying opportunities for motors, drives, and pumps.
- Experience in determining when to replace existing heating systems.
- Experience in multifamily energy conservation retrofitting, and knowledge of multifamily of multifamily construction practices and commercial-style lighting retrofits preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral, writing, presentation, sales, and customer service skills. Selling the retrofit work is key to the success of the Programs.
- Ability to effectively interact with utility representative(s).
- Excellent organizational, reporting, and follow-up skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, process, maintain, and organize numerous projects at different stages of completion, simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Suites including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have own transportation and meet fleet vehicle insurance requirements.
- Term Entry +
- Company CLEAResult