The Energy Auditor will be responsible for conducting energy assessments and retrofit projects. The Energy Auditor will interface directly with building owners, contractors, property managers, and lenders, providing technical assistance to help facilitate all aspects of retrofit projects.
The Energy Auditor is a member of the Technical Services and Building Technologies team, reporting to the Senior Manager of Assessment Services.
- Conduct energy assessments of residential multifamily housing
- Identify energy savings associated with potential upgrades
- Gather and process field data using a Salesforce-based data collection process
- Produce energy assessment reports according to program guidelines
- Work with building owners to recognize the value of upgrade recommendations, assist with incentive applications, and drive projects to completion
- Communicate with contractors and participate in construction oversight as necessary
- Contribute to other Elevate Energy efforts as required
- Four year degree or equivalent experience in building science, engineering, construction management, and/or energy management
- One or more years’ experience conducting energy assessments and/or site inspections
- Energy auditing experience is required
- Prior building science or construction knowledge is required
- Knowledge of residential construction and building systems
- BPI Building Analyst certification strongly preferred
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address real world customer issues based on pre-defined program guidelines
- Experience providing technical support toproperty owners, property managers, contractors, developers, and other project partners
- Must be able to pick up new concepts quickly, take initiative in addressing unforeseen obstacles, and have ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- A demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout Chicago region
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with customer relationship management system (Salesforce) is a plus
- Experience working with utility energy efficiency programs is a plus
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MUST SUBMIT COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Full-time
- Energy Analyst: 1 year
- Energy Assessments: 1 year
- Energy Auditing (Field): 2 years
Required work authorization:
- United States
- Term Entry
- Company Elevate Energy