Scope of Position
The Valuation Analyst will support the sales team with battery storage energy modeling, financial modeling and valuation, and client proposals. The analyst will work closely with Store & Forecast to guide the development of energy modeling tools and develop novel solutions to new markets. The role will require expert-level Excel skills and the ability to run energy modeling software and quickly interpret results. The analyst will also conduct research to better understand markets and identify new opportunities.
Approximately 90% of the time is spent in the office environment, utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, ECRM, SAP, salesforce.com), phones, and general office equipment. Approximately 10% of the time is spent travelling and meeting with DES team members and clients.
• Utilize DES’ energy modeling tool to simulate the use profile of a battery and interpret results
• Build financial models in Excel to select the optimal solar and storage size and value the project
• Calculate client savings
• Build PowerPoint slides to communicate valuation results
• Work with Store & Forecast engineers to continuously improve pricing tools and guide them in building capabilities for new markets
• Conduct research on existing markets to refine valuation assumptions and conduct market research to identify, prioritize, and enter new markets
• Communicate results and knowledge internally and to external clients
• 2+ years building renewable energy finance models
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Math, Economics, Engineering, or related field
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with limited supervision
• Ability to concisely communicate results and build PowerPoint presentations
Candidate must be a self-starter who takes pride in accuracy and has an attention to detail. Experience in the energy industry and a passion for renewable energy is a plus.
- Term Entry +
- Company EDF Renewables