Navigant’s Clean Energy Programs team advances the full lifecycle of distributed energy resource (DER) programs through research, analytics, evaluation and market strategies that foster our clients’ success in a clean energy future. We understand how customers use energy and interact with their energy provider, the value they draw from energy programs and services, and how these initiatives ultimately benefit society. We are industry-leading experts in:
- Strategic planning
- Market assessments
- Forecasting and potential studies
- Engineering and data analytics
- Program design and implementation assistance
- Evaluation, measurement and verification (EM&V) services.
The energy sector is undergoing transformational change. Emerging technologies and societal demand promise to reshape not only the energy we use, but also how we use it. Navigant collaborates with energy industry clients by helping them anticipate where the energy industry is headed and how they can improve performance, grow, and address consumer and regulatory demands.
- We are inspired by a steadfast commitment to excellence and strive to earn the lasting trust of our clients by consistently exceeding their expectations
- We are committed to the continuous development of our people and celebrate our individual and collective growth and achievements
- We build our firm with an entrepreneurial spirit, fueled by dynamic teamwork and collaboration, and founded on trust and respect for each other
- We believe integrity, dedication and perspective are the keys to ensuring our enduring prosperity and success.
This role can be based in any of the following locations: Washington, DC
We are seeking candidates to join our Clean Energy Programs group as part of the Engineering Team. As members of our team, consultants work with clients involved in a wide range of energy-related activities, particularly in the field of distributed energy resource (DER) strategies including energy efficiency, demand response, renewable energy, electric vehicles and energy storage. The consultant will perform a wide range of activities including DER program evaluation, strategic planning, program design and implementation support, and market and technology assessments. This includes involvement and interaction with utility companies, program implementers, government agencies, industry representatives, trade organizations, end-use customers, and efficiency advocates.
Specific activities may include:
- Impact evaluations of claimed energy and demand savings from DER programs
- Performing technical and economic analyses; data collection; spreadsheet creation and management
- Assessing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies
- Building and technology energy simulation modeling
- Field performance measurement and data collection of building and industrial process energy systems
- Providing detailed fact finding, research, and analysis on energy-related activities
- Assessing technologies and analyzing technology trends
- Developing technology strategies for utilities, government, and energy companies
- Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients through reports and presentations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of Science in Engineering
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy, distributed generation, and advanced technologies
- Strong background in engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed organizational and management skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
- Proficiency in R, SQL, and/or strong understanding of one or more programming languages is a plus
- Strong technical background in building systems or industrial process technologies is a plus
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
Navigant does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Navigant and Navigant will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Navigant is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Term Entry
- Company Navigant Consulting