The Big Picture:
Are you flexible, inventive, and dedicated? Do you possess a high level of integrity and confidentiality?
Mortenson is currently seeking an Environmental Specialist. In this position, you will support environmental management efforts at Mortenson for the Civil, Solar, Wind and High Voltage Transmission Groups. You will review environmental documentation and advise on environmental matters. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to work well in a team and collaborate is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Your organization, flexibility, extraordinary customer focus and strong communication are essential to implementing Mortenson’s environmental program for simple to moderately complex project sites. Your duties may include:
- Develop site specific environmental plans and activities
- Review environmental submittals and attend preconstruction and preparatory meetings
- Implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- Develop and lead environmental orientation and training programs
- Lead onsite best management practices for environmental management
- Monitor implementation of environmental mitigation measures and conduct work site environmental inspections
- Collaborate with customers on regulatory reporting and documentation requirements
- Maintain operational knowledge of environmental issues in construction, and other applicable standards, regulations, laws, and procedures
- Communicate with various third parties including the customer’s environmental personnel, environmental consultants, regulatory representatives
- Assist in the development company-wide Environmental Management support programs
How will you succeed?
- Significant experience with two or more of the following areas: erosion prevention and sediment control, storm water pollution prevention plans, spill prevention controls and countermeasures, wetlands, endangered species
- Deep understanding of Federal, State, Provincial and local laws, policies and procedures
- Strong organization and self-direction skills with the ability to collaborate in a team atmosphere
- Ability to communicate with consultants and governmental agencies
- Ability to use PC, tablets and widely used software packages, e.g., spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word)
- Minimum of four years related experience
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in geology, environmental management, environmental science, biology, or related field
- Term [entry]
- Company Mortenson