OMLP accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing the Supply Chain (inclusive of manufacturing, sourcing, and logistics) and Environment, Health & Safety functions at GE.
OMLP is a 2 year program consisting of 3 eight-month rotations that allow members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training. Typical rotations include one or more of the following:
- Manufacturing Shop Operations Supervisor
- Sourcing/Materials Management (procurement, material flow)
- Technical – (lean, manufacturing engineer / process engineer)
- Environment, Health & Safety (site operations support, EHS media support)
OMLP’s will be placed at one of the following businesses based on availability of positions, the interviewer’s assessment and the applicant’s preference (indicated in the online application):
GE Renewable Energy
Baker Hughes, a GE Company
A four year Engineering or Supply Chain degree
GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in engineering or manufacturing/supply chain (preferred)
Below are the typical sites for each business, however due to the wide spread footprint of our businesses its not an all-encompassing list.
Aviation: There are 50+ locations including Cincinnati, OH; Lynn, MA; Greenville, SC; Strother, KS; Wilmington, NC; etc. MUST be open to relocation to any site while on program.
Baker Hughes, A GE Company (BHGE): There are 15+ locations including: Houston, TX; San Antonio, TX; Lufkin, TX; Billerica, MA; Twinsburg, OH, Minden, NV; Longmont, CO; Oklahoma City, OK; Jacksonville, FL; Skaneateles, NY; Bradford, PA. Must be open to relocation on program.
Healthcare: 10+ Locations in the US including Milwaukee WI, Madison WI, Chicago IL, Boston (Westborough) MA, Florence SC, Phoenix AZ, Salt Lake City UT, Logan UT, and Cleveland OH. Must be open to relocation on program
Power: There are 15+ locations including: Atlanta, GA; Greenville, SC; Bangor, ME; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; Wilmington, NC; Charleroi, PA; Charlottesville, VA; Salem, VA; Clearwater, FL. Must be open to relocation on program.
Renewable Energy: Schenectady, NY; Little Rock, AK; Greenville, SC; Pensacola, FL. Must be open to relocation on program.
Transportation: Sites in Erie and Grove City, PA; Fort Worth, TX; Chicago, IL; Las Vegas, NV; Kansas City, MO among others. Must be willing to relocate on program.
- Preference will be given to persons with: a major in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Environmental Engineering
- Ability to solve problems in a team / manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to connect with all levels of the organization showing openness, transparency & humility.
- A strong commitment to a career in supply chain or EHS
- For the OMLPs with a focus on EHS, a four year degree in: Engineering or Environmental Eng.; Environment, Health & Safety; General Science; Industrial Hygiene/Safety; Public Health; Environmental Science
- Term Entry
- Company GE Renewables