In this role you will be responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. You will use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and “Big Data”.
Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered:
- Possesses a strong familiarity with business processes and the ability to learn new ones
- Uses knowledge of business processes to identify focus areas and improvement opportunities
- Establishes and manages effective customer relationships with all business areas
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems
- Builds strong knowledge of the technical solution being delivered and can analyze and determine failure points
Highly Desired Skills
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, MatLab, etc
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as PowerBI and others.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
This position is responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. Employees in this role use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and data storage infrastructure (i.e., “Big Data”).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops machine learning, optimization and other modeling solutions
- Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
- Manipulates and analyzes data sets
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 5+ years
- Master’s Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- Term Entry +
- Company Nextera Energy