Position Summary and Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Market Analysis (50%)
In support of the business development activities the incumbent is responsible for identifying and analyzing target product markets to support priority setting for the organization, to develop business cases for selected target molecules and support the commercial team in pursuing new opportunities and collaborations with interested parties. Responsible for performing research and providing insights regarding the market, trends, competitors, potential and existing customers, and current technology developments of Genomatica competitors.
- Explore new market opportunities resulting from assigned market spaces and product hypotheses
- Perform extensive market research
- Research brand positions
- Evaluate alternative products to target product
- Create databases and capture market data
- Analyze competitors
- Evaluate prices, distribution channels, and marketing outlets
- Connect with consultancy firms specialized in target chemical markets
- Create questionnaires and surveys for market studies
- Conduct secondary research, including finding information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts
- Generate reports that analyze competition and customers
- Offer insights about product potentials
Financial Planning and Analysis (40%)
Develops, interprets and implements financial models for business deal development; chemical process cost comparisons and economic plans. Performs product cost and pricing analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers analysis, prepares and summarizes recommendations for business deals and financial plans, future requirements, operating forecasts, etc.
- Effectively integrate proposed deal structures into NPV/DCF models. Analyze variations and draw conclusions on structures which maximize value.
- Analyze economics from both the Company’s perspective and the partner’s perspective to ensure reasonableness of terms and value creation for all parties involved.
- Integrate the various business development scenarios into the overall company models
- Provide financial analysis, preparation, evaluation and modeling of business forecasts, joint venture partnership opportunities, new product lines and sales channels.
- Term Entry +
- Company Genomatica