The Climate Corporation is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Operations to build and manage world class engineering systems. In this role you will get the chance to demonstrate how security can be an enabler in infrastructure functionality, scalability, performance and reliability. Our team has been challenging the status quo of our engineering systems to run more efficiently and deliver higher value. Now we need to infuse security into our infrastructure and processes.
Our team’s challenge is to accelerate The Climate Corporation’s engineering organization’s innovation and research. We build systems that efficiently and reliably make our technical community a better place. We are bringing state of the art technologies such as Docker into production right now. Our team’s vision is that Infrastructure Is Code, where engineers doing development can manage their cloud systems as easily as they can their code. Your challenge – should you decide to accept it – is to collaborate with us to build this better and secure world for our scientists and engineers.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build and deploy secure and compliant infrastructure systems for managing our public cloud environment, using next gen technologies like containers and microservices. Meet security and compliance objectives in all aspects of the secure cloud ecosystem.
- Partner with Engineering teams to integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes (baking security into the infrastructure).
- Design, develop, and deploy systems that manage access to our infrastructure assets.
- Collaborate with program managers and leadership to drive system requirements and delivering the maximum value to all engineering and science groups
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities, and conduct security reviews across the broader engineering and science organizations.
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization.
- Exercise risk-based judgement, and to push teams to make the right security decisions and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of expert knowledge in at least one programming language (e.g. GoLang, Python, Java)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among stakeholders and driving effective technical solutions and accountability across R&D
- Experience with a public cloud based provider (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Compute)
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security including knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
- Understanding of Software Security Architecture and Design, SDLC and the ability to clearly articulate best practices for application security
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and knowledge of Docker Containers and scheduling frameworks (e.g Kubernetes).
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment, Experience with Jenkins or other CI tools and/or familiarity with distributed data platforms (e.g. DynamoDB, Hadoop, EMR, Spark, PostGIS, ElasticSearch)
- Previous experience on a Security team, coordinating responses to security incidents and/or writing and presenting application security assessment reports.
- Maturity, judgement, negotiation/influence, analytical, and leadership skills.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science
- Term Entry +
- Company The Climate Corporation