The Commercial Services Intern will be responsible for assisting Commercial Services Associate and other personnel within the Commercial Services team. This includes learning processes utilized by the Commercial Services team to enhance the overall efficiencies & perform other due diligence. Candidates must be located in Louisville, KY. No relocation offered.
- Integrity: Demonstrates this in all internal & external relationships
- Orderliness: Ability to stay organized to achieve the greatest efficiency
- Flexibility: Adjusts readily to changes in direction, customer demands, work priorities, while working to achieve corporate goals
- Thoroughness: Pays close attention to detail and produces accurate work in a timely fashion
- Initiative: Recognizes and acts on a level of due diligence
- Dependability: Is trusted and reliable resource to conduct activities pertaining to assigned responsibilities
- Service: Is committed to serving internal & external customers with a high degree of professionalism
- Shadow daily activities with designated mentor in order to learn processes, tasks & tools needed to perform competently in the role
- Provide commercial support for the Regulated Markets Commercial Services team
- Assist in the creation & maintenance of rate libraries for validation reporting. Identify and elevate opportunities to further develop this process and associated deliverables.
- Assist analysts in performing site and account level data scrub, as needed, to meet budget deadlines.
- Manage Rate Tariff Optimization Campaigns and Deposit Recovery Audits to ensure adherence to process, track opportunities identified and providing reports to external clients.
- Will be asked to call on utilities for market intelligence for corporate energy budgets, rate schedules, purchased gas costs & miscellaneous cost structures
- Consistently update models, as well as other tools utilized by the team
- Request, gather, & collect data as needed from external & internal sources.
- Prepare Excel, Word, & PowerPoint reports for use by the Commercial Services team.
- Conduct research for ad-hoc request as needed
- Adhere to analysis processes
- Meet Schneider’s client-specific data needs (hard copy files and database).
- Meet Schneider’s work-flow tracking needs.
- Miscellaneous Corporate Projects on an “as needed” basis
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Must demonstrate strong analytical skills, including ability to understand complex rate structures and independently obtain resolution on billing discrepancies
- Technical and functional knowledge including extensive knowledge of utilities, rate structures, taxes and other energy services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service internally and externally
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to build relationships with diverse groups and individuals
- Intermediate to proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to think outside the box in identifying new ideas to enhance processes, and efficiencies
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Schneider Electric