The Associate Manager in Quality will be responsible for providing on time support to our internal or external customers on Quality Improvement opportunities related to their Business Unit (BU) as well as attributed to their BU. You will be responsible for managing the development, selection, implementation & optimization of a growing team of Quality Engineers and Technicians. You will monitor our manufacturing processes, quality data systems, first pass yield, scrap and continuous improvement opportunities in order to implement the best practices in our operation on daily basis. A successful candidate must be a problem-solver at his/her core, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement (personally and professionally). Additionally the candidate must be able to guide and manage the team through times of ambiguity and change, while maintaining the same level of support to the production teams.
- Manage and develop a growing team of engineers and technicians to operate at their highest potential
- Act as primary point of contact for all issues identified within the Business Unit related to part quality, design and field quality/warranty
- Establish, monitor status to internal and external quality performance metrics and drive continuous improvement
- Present performance metrics and status of critical issues to executive management
- Organize and prioritize work with minimal guidance and manage priorities, projects and special requests in a timely and effective manner
- Guide form, fit, function, manufacturability, and durability through input at program development stages
- Develop and release product/process control plans, inspection standards, quality and testing plans and instructions, visual work instructions, technical specifications, and various manufacturing validations.
- Lead cross-functional problem solving teams to drive process and product improvements; use of QA methodologies to manage and facilitate issue resolution including root cause investigations and the development, implementation and monitoring of effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Bachelor of Science degree in manufacturing or mechanical engineering or other engineering discipline from and accredited university or college.
- 3+ years of experience in product manufacturing engineering, quality and/or testing.
- Experience leading teams of people in a fast-paced environment (management experience preferred)
- Knowledge of quality problem solving methods including, but not limited to, fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability analysis, hypothesis testing, DoE, SPC, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma. Additionally, evidence of the application of these methods to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment
- Detail oriented, ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, flexibility to reorganize and reschedule work on short notice to meet tight deadlines, have a strong quality mindset, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Ability to make decisions and take accountability for those decisions, with limited information, in high pressure time limited situations
- Clear verbal, written, and presentation communication and computer skills in the English Language.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively across all business levels and functions of both internal Manufacturing and Supplier relations
- Term Entry +
- Company Tesla