The Glass team at Tesla is seeking a passionate, driven, and intellectually curious Global Supply Manager to drive impact and deliver results for next generation Tesla products. The Glass team at Tesla is responsible for advance material development and manufacturing technology that enables Tesla’s world-class design and innovation. You will focus on production and technology industrialization to lead cross functional groups to define category and supply base strategy, including program management of new product introduction, supplier relationship development, negotiation of contracts and related contractual executions. You must be a high energy/impact individual and demonstrated ability to succeed in a high demand and ultra-high stress environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully navigate through ambiguities and obsticles through data driven and well thought-through strategy. Superior communications to lead cross-functional organizations through sourcing activities will be required.
- Develop and execute a market leading sourcing category and supply base strategy in the Glass category via full market knowledge, supplier base rationalization, and total cost of ownership (TCO) cost modeling through transparent supplier relationship management
- Secure components and/or services in the assigned category that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost
- Drive change management to continuously improve efficiency, yield and performances
- Business owner of the category and component supplier relationships, including the management and negotiation of contractual agreements and related negotiations and executions.
- Develop supplier capabilities and drive roadmap visibility across Tesla teams
- Manage the supply base end-to-end from inception to end-of-life.
- Work with a cross functional team to drive the supplier selection process and component qualification both under strict engineering and commercial best practices/disciplines.
- Achieve established commitments on total cost results, supply, quality and compliance adherence, and on-time delivery.
- Serve as key escalation channel responsible for continuity of supply risk.
- Must be a business professional with strong engineering or supply chain expertise and/or equivalent experience or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline, Supply Chain management, Operations or Business. MBA degree preferred.
- 8+ years experience in manufacturing, supply chain, sourcing operation, supplier selection or supply base strategy.
- Professional knowledge and experience in Glass components and Enclosure manufacturing processes and cost structure desired.
- Superior program management adherence experiences in fast paced hi-tech manufacturing market, in factory experience preferred.
- Expertise in market analysis to dissect market size, players, customers, growth, technology replacements/forecasts, pricing trends, etc., to formulate sourcing strategies.
- Deliver best in class total cost of ownership (TCO), continuity of supply (COS), and business relationship management; passionate about opportunities to establish new approach to sourcing.
- Expertise in financial statement analysis to derive should-cost models and cost competitiveness/financial strengths of suppliers before RFx is conducted.
- Relentless drive to overachieve, making the most of resources available, and a team player who can roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically but detailed oriented to support ideology with facts.
- Ability to articulate points of view with executive management but execute plans when directed.
- Highly intelligent to triangulate opinions to formulate action and execute.
- Ability to work independently and within a matrix environment; a self-starter.
- Demonstrated ability to manage within and to create effective matrix organizations.
- Ability to travel
- Term Entry +
- Company Tesla