The Manager, Operations– position has the primary job duty of, and will spend most of his or her time leading the team responsible for, independently identifying, directing, and managing internal resources for multiple teams in headquarters to ensure charging infrastructure deployment programs progress at the fastest pace possible, and in full coordination within all relevant Tesla functions. A successful Operations manager juggles a variety of responsibilities, including process management/improvement, strategic advising, special projects and reporting. Work involves routine exercise of discretion, independent judgment, including the ability to make decisions quickly, without much or any input. This dynamic role also manages the implementation and upkeep on a number of relevant project management tools that support this expansion effort. S/he will collaborate with multiple teams including business development, installation program managers, supply chain, sales, marketing, press, policy accounting & finance to ensure the business need are being met or projects are moving forward.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the team responsible for providing guidance, administrative overview and support to field teams
- Effectively manage a small team of project managers that focus on daily operations, customer experience, etc.
- Partner with Supercharger leadership to identify, create & execute on process improvements
- Act as the liaison between field personnel & HQ for all critical information and reporting tools, including maps
- Under tight deadlines, independently manages from start to execution a large volume of projects simultaneously.
- Initiate, develop, and manage continuous process development to help scale internal operations to meet the needs of a rapidly expanding charging network.
- Independently evaluate accounts payable issues and determine the best course of action.
- Review and create purchase requisitions for respective teams.
- Develop and manage the onboarding process for of new vendors (W-2‘s, Bank Info, etc.)
- Review and identify best practices Global across our global operations and roll them out to relevant regions
- Helping identify, shape and deploy key charging regulatory policies in new markets, take initial lead and coordinate regionally
- Masters degree in a relevant field of study
- 4+ years of project management experience, 2+ years of management experience
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgement to make critical decisions for the business
- Experience coordinating in fast-paced environments and teams
- Affinity for IT, specifically productivity and project management support tools – including new applications and programs
- Superb organizational skills with strong multi-tasking abilities
- Impeccable attention to detail and an eye for efficiency
- Able to communicate effectively to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and solve before they become costly to correct.
- Highly energetic personality, with a flexible attitude towards critical tasks
- Previous experience working with contracts is preferred but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Term Entry +
- Company Tesla