This is an opportunity to be part of a world-class team at the nexus of the most exciting developments in energy today – big data, machine learning, and energy storage.
Stem creates innovative technology services that transform the way energy is distributed and consumed. Stem’s mission is to build and operate the largest digitally-connected energy storage network for our customers. Our world-class analytics optimize the value of customer’s energy assets and facilitate their participation in energy markets, yielding economic and societal benefits while decarbonizing the grid. We create automated, price-responsive systems that enable C&I customers to predict and control electricity costs and capture savings in a rapidly-evolving utility landscape. The Stem system combines predictive analytics and advanced energy storage with a high-fidelity software user interface. By buffering spikes in energy usage, Stem also reduces the impact of the C&I customer on the utility grid and enables better grid citizenship. Through innovation in technology and financing, our goal is to optimize the relationships between energy providers and consumers.
This is for someone inspired by the opportunity to take on a key role in financing energy storage projects – including investor negotiations, managing deal closings, financial modeling, and corporate- and project-level financing strategy in a high-growth start-up environment. This position will report to the Director of Capital Markets & Strategy.
- Work closely with senior members of corporate and project finance teams in all aspects of interacting with investors and lenders
- Interface with investors to provide requisite project information, manage diligence processes, perform financial modeling, and negotiate deal documentation and closings
- Improve risk management via consistent use of processes and controls, prudent transaction structuring, and rigorous project diligence
- Develop and maintain financial models to evaluate and price project financings; integrate these project models with corporate models to support senior management decision making
- Advise the Business Development and Commercial teams on anticipated financing terms and assist in the development, pricing and origination of projects
- Demonstrated experience with discounted cash flow analysis and financial modeling
- Familiarity with renewable energy, energy storage, and project financing a plus
- Familiarity with SalesForce reporting a plus
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and streamline processes
- Skillful at cross-functional collaboration
- Excellent (English) communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey ideas and positions clearly
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in renewable energy or project finance
Job LocationMillbrae, California, United States
- Term Entry +
- Company Stem