This position reports to the Director of Global Engineering Processes. The Software Validation Manager leads a team of engineers developing test plans and test systems for validating battery management systems. This includes providing day-to-day support to the software validation team and interfacing with Program Managers and other team leaders to provide software validation resources. He or she will also ensure the adherence to, and continuous improvement of, our software validation processes. Primary responsibilities
- Manage and direct activities of the software validation team
- Review and approve validation deliverables, including: validation test plans, requirements traceability matrices, and validation reports
- Drive the development of state-of-the-art testing processes, automation, tools and platforms
- Establish and meet budgets and schedules while achieving designated metrics. May require contracting outside/offshore technical resources
- Plan and monitor resource allocation and loading to support multiple projects
- Provide employee management by communicating assignment expectations; yearly employee goal setting and performance reviews; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Support of data system to collect and evaluate supplier quality related Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Periodic Reporting of KPIs to support improvement programs.
- Continuous tracking of KPIs vs. Targets and Action plan fulfillments with assigned suppliers.
- B.S. in Electrical or Software Engineering, or equivalent/relevant education
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Expert knowledge of industry standards and best practices for software testing ( e.g. ISTQB, Automotive SPICE, ISO26262)
- Advanced knowledge of automotive software test management and automation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience building teams and managing multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to train and coach engineers
- Experience with battery and/or power management systems a plus
- Experience with remote and offshore test teams across multiple time zones.
- Term Entry +
- Company A123 Systems