The Senior Database Engineer is responsible for the database design, implementation, maintenance and management of the Stem’ Enterprise data system.
- Manage and maintain Stem’s data management systems, to encompass design, installation, deployment, backup, restoration, optimization, security, and data exchange.
- Systems include ETL, operational data stores (relational and non-relational), data warehouse, and Reporting.
- Manage administration and database performance by tuning file structures and managing indexes.
- Partner with Software Architects and Software Engineers on data access methods and decisions on optimal data structures for persistence.
- Safeguard data integrity and maintain security controls in all existing databases and data exchange technology through process, training, quality control, and monitoring.
- Write simple to complex SQL queries, troubleshoot queries, and tune queries for best performance.
- Design and implement processes to automate transactional information functions in search of maximum operational efficiency throughout the organization.
- Develop logical and physical architecture models.
- Manage data operations for data at rest, data exchange, batch processing, and data reporting.
- Support development and production activities.
- Generate and maintain documentation of data store architectures, configurations, operations, and maintenance.
- Exposure to “NoSQL” data stores, data warehouse, and web service data exchange
- Practical experience in performance tuning, monitoring and configuring database servers for high availability and scalability
- Experience with SQL, stored procedures, data batch processing, and data as a service
- Practical experience in managing internal and external database security
- Experience with cloud-based data services (especially AWS) preferred
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and present solutions
- In-depth expertise in automation for data operations
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams, and self-manage time and effort across multiple projects
- Must have minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience in maintaining Production MySQL databases
Job LocationMillbrae, California, United States
- Term Entry
- Company Stem