We’re seeking a senior software engineer focused on designing and developing PC based and embedded systems software for a distributed energy storage system in LabVIEW. Successful candidates will have experience in embedded systems, object-oriented design, PC based data acquisition and control systems. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced startup company environment where creativity, speed, initiative and meticulous craftsmanship are required to succeed.
- Work as part of the core development team of the Primus Energy storage system.
- Design and develop robust software for real-time distributed industrial control systems.
- Design and develop low-level hardware drivers.
- Develop clean, well designed and robust code.
- Test and troubleshoot systems.
- Generate software requirements and specifications.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, physics or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in industry as a software developer working with critical systems, preferably in LabVIEW.
- Object-oriented design experience.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with various communication protocols such as Modbus, CAN, and Ethernet
- Deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Personality traits needed to work quickly and meet deadlines while also maintaining high standards of quality, safety, and cleanliness.
- CLED and/or CLA certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with LabVIEW FPGA is a plus.
- Familiarity with C.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 5 years
- Term Entry +
- Company Primus Power