As Google’s products and services scale the globe, the Strategic Negotiation team works behind the scenes to secure infrastructure for Google’s future — everything from underwater cables to physical data center space. As a Strategic Negotiator, you combine your deep market knowledge of a given sector with tech industry savvy to negotiate cost-effective solutions to support Google’s infrastructure growth. You’ll work with specific project teams on negotiating deals, managing vendor and partner relationships and presenting deal recommendations to our Tech leadership. Your successful negotiations have the potential to save Google millions of dollars in operating costs and impact every part of the business.
As a Strategic Negotiator for Data Centers, you will help to drive the team’s overall energy-related strategy development and execution, lead individual strategic initiatives and projects, and work with energy teams across the company in support of Google’s data center portfolio and related infrastructure. In particular, this position will focus on forging new renewable power supply frameworks in data center markets. You possess substantial knowledge and experience working in the utility sector and renewable energy markets, in-depth expertise on energy supply contracting, and strategic analytical skills, in addition to consultation and collaboration capabilities.
You will have people and project management experience, and be someone who understands and seeks to support the larger strategic initiatives of the company, as well as the broader Global Infrastructure team. You are a proven professional with a track record that matches our philosophy of leading by innovation, and who has the ability to deliver against aggressive deadlines while striving for cost reduction and highly effective solutions. Google’s Energy Strategic Negotiators work successfully across diverse circumstances, expectations, environments, cultures, paradigms and technologies. You are adept at strategizing, structuring, negotiating and closing a range of mission-critical transactions in diverse settings and with diverse parties, and will be willing to work on initiatives large and small, with the support of small, focused teams.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work with leadership and the team to build an energy strategy to support Google’s portfolio of data centers and related assets.
- Work with internal and external technical teams, to identify, define and pursue new strategic energy-related projects and initiatives necessary to meet Google’s future power supply needs, including meeting the company’s commitment to supplying our operations with renewable energy.
- Lead discussions and project management activities for key projects and initiatives including creating, building and managing business relationships with third parties to find mutually beneficial solutions.
- Network within Google to help build broad strategies across teams, especially those working on energy.
- BA/BS degree in Technology, Engineering, Science, Finance, Economics or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience negotiating an array of energy-related contracts, start to finish.
- 4 years of experience with utilities, renewable energy, (supply contracts, investment, development, off-take), and familiarity with power transmission/distribution, and global power markets.
- MBA or JD degree.
- Ability to learn new business and technical skills quickly and to adapt to changing environments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop commercially and technically creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently while coordinating and synchronizing efforts with other team members and stakeholders.
- Term Entry +
- Company Google