This job as Field Service Engineer is designed as an allrounder job. It focuses on two main topics: Technical Support & Field Service. **Upon hire, a 6-8 week new hire training will occur in Malaysia.
In direct contact with the customer, the FSE is the connection between customer and after sales service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES · Performs installation supervision and commissioning of Gutor products (industrial UPS) including the batteries.
· Performs maintenance for Gutor UPS equipment including batteries.
· Solve UPS problems at customers site and provides reports on these issues.
· Responsible for identifying and reporting failure modes encountered when in the field. Also responsible for determining the cause of these failures.
· Trains customers on equipment operation and maintenance of Gutor products. · Travel Expectation is 85% of the time travel outside of home market, including international travel (Canada, Caribbean, South America) Technical Support
· Gives technical support to customers (over the phone or on site)
· Fill in all required reports and complete the necessary documents
· 24 hours stand by if necessary
· Complete work in a safe manner.
EDUCATION—MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL: · Electrical technician with min. 2 years experience in field service/ BS degree of Electrical Engineering or equivalent
EXPERIENCE—MINIMUM REQUIRED: · Min. 2 years of Troubleshooting, Level 1 Support (ideal: level 2 Support) Remote support for troubleshooting experience in handling international customers with high expectations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS —REQUIRED: · Good self expression, negotiation skills and ability to explain things in a comprehensive and intelligible way · Ability to analyze complex problems · English · PC knowledge including profound knowledge of typical office applications and networking · Drivers license
Primary Location : US-Texas-Houston
Schedule : Full-time
Unposting Date : Ongoing
- Term Entry +
- Company Schneider Electric