This position will be part of Itron’s financial team supporting the Senior Vice President of Finance and the GM of the Networking Segment. This role will be deeply involved in driving the Company’s Financial Planning & Analysis. In this highly visible role, you will also have the opportunity to interface with senior management and executives. You will be involved in the day-to-day financial analysis activities. The successful candidate in this position will not only be able to understand the big picture, but also be able to roll-up their sleeves and dive in.
- Lead analysis and consolidated reporting at all levels of the organization on actuals and forecasts (including Management presentations, Flash Financials, etc). Provide meaningful analysis of trends, variances and key metrics for executive management.
- Participate in the preparation of reporting packages
- Manage the forecast and budget for the Finance organization building successful partnerships. Review and analyze actual results, develop monthly forecasts and annual budgets. Drive forecast accuracy, predictability in results, and adherence to high standards of controllership.
- Drive month-end processes and reporting activities, including expense accruals, validation of consolidated results, headcount reporting, and other requests.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the Company’s product lines, competitive environment, and the market it addresses to better support functional initiatives and provide recommendations to business partners.
- Work with the regions on sales demand planning and revenue forecast projections
- Build analytical models that utilize both financial and non-financial data to forecast operating results.
- Lead the development and implementation of process improvements.
- Participate and drive cross-functional business projects.
- Conduct comparable analysis as necessary in support of key business metrics and objectives.
- Drive preparation of materials for Itron Board of Director’s meetings and other executive meetings.
- Advise business leaders on the impact of operating decisions to revenue, expense and profitability.
- Exercise financial influence in driving cost effective actions.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required.
Job Requirements and Skills:
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA preferred.
- 3-7 years experience in financial planning, analysis, budgeting and forecasting for multi-national technology company, preferably a public company.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills in business performance are required.
- Experience creating financial models, including use of database manipulation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative and innovative team player with a positive approach and a focus on business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships with business partners and senior/executive management.
- Willingness to take on additional projects and multi-task with changing priorities, as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines with emphasis on sustained accuracy and attention to detail.
- Thrives on ability to work autonomously.
- Phenomenal proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are required.
- Calm under pressure
- Experience with Hyperion SBase is preferred or a similar planning tool preferred
Job LocationSan Jose, California, United States
- Term Entry +
- Company Silver Spring Networks