What are my responsibilities?
- You will contribute to industrial research projects on control and optimization for smart grids
- You will collaborate and exchange ideas with experts in the fields of control and optimization
- You will implement concepts and solutions in prototypes.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A current or recently graduated MS or PHD student pursuing a degree in Engineering or Mathematics
- Profound knowledge of advanced automatic control (optimal, robust, and model-predictive control) and/or optimization concepts
- Experience in advanced algorithm prototyping
- Good programming knowledge in MATLAB and C++, e.g. writing reusable code
- Practical experience in research on control and optimization
- Domain knowledge in power systems preferred
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills in English
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law.
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Siemens