The Asset Management Specialist I is responsible for assisting the Asset Management team with any and all
financial, legal, and regulatory compliance activities as they relate to Strata Solar’s operating solar projects and other
related entities. The Asset Management Specialist I also plays an integral role in performance analysis and the preparation and delivery of reports to management and external parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track revenue from energy sales and REC sales, verifying that meter data and rate tariffs are correct, and that payments are properly accounted for and received.
- Assist with reconciliations and requests for payment of project operating expenses.
- Conduct analysis and prepare various ad-hoc reports on the operating portfolio.
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory reports and tax filings.
- Complete operating data uploads and ensure API feeds are completed properly.
- Support performance analyses, as defined by the asset management team.
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Keep current on reporting for energy regulatory agencies including FERC, NCUC, EIA, and NC-RETS.
- Maintain and update information in asset management database software.
- Other duties in support of asset management as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Course work or related experience in business, finance, or quantitative analytics.
- Experience in the renewable energy industry is beneficial but not required.
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient at extracting and summarizing large amounts of data and analyzing information.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Work across many different functions including finance, accounting, legal, operations.
- Effective interactions with colleagues, investors and lenders.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Term Entry +
- Company Strata Solar