Communications Associate is a new position at GRID Alternatives North Valley, developed to deliver on our office’s marketing and communications strategy. The position reports directly to the Corporate & Community Relations Manager.
The Communications Associate’s role focuses predominantly on developing and delivering content for development outcomes; including website, social media, events, fundraising, grant writing and overall public relations. The position will collaborate with other departments and interact with GRID clients, volunteers and trainees to develop and maintain the North Valley story bank, develop regional stock photo bank, and support fundraising, client and volunteer outreach events. The position will be responsible for creating materials in accordance with GRID’s brand guidelines and values. Every member of GRID Alternatives must participate in the organization’s equity, inclusion, and diversity work.
- Prepare press releases and media advisories, build on the North Valley master media list, and work with local and online media outlets to promote GRID Alternatives and encourage them to cover our work.
- Write, edit and manage website, Google AdWords, blogs and social media accounts on a routine (weekly to monthly) basis.
- Assist in developing promotional materials (signs, banners, flyers, etc.) in Adobe Creative Suite and work internally with staff to maximize its use.
- Prepare material for partner web-pages/partner promotion under request from Departmental lead staff.
- Build and maintain North Valley story bank: creating stories and cases for giving campaigns, including interviewing, photography and video from GRID clients, volunteers, installations, staff and partners.
- Build and maintain North Valley photo and video content base, including organizing existing content, creating content, and work internally with staff to maximize the use of photo and video content for communicating with different stakeholders.
- Use Salesforce database to create or update contact records, campaigns as requested.
- Utilize Pardot plug-in for Salesforce to send bulk emails, segmenting lists and creating drip campaigns for the development newsletter and for events/activities upon request.
- Assist with the preparation of PowerPoints, the hosting of community events and presentations, and staff informational tables/booths representing GRID Alternatives.
- Assisting with fundraising donations, research industry conferences and speaking engagements, occasional grant writing assistance
- Every member of GRID Alternatives must participate in the organization’s equity, inclusion, and diversity work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (4 years minimum experience) in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences
- Experience with MS Office, graphic design applications like Adobe CS, website management systems
- Experience with photography and/or videography
- Ability to conduct work in a friendly and professional manner with people from diverse backgrounds
- Must be willing to climb a ladder to take photos of rooftop solar installations
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Desire for a development, marketing or public relations career
- Passion for making the world a better place
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team
- Comfort soliciting businesses and individuals for monetary or in-kind support
This position requires some travel to sites throughout the office territory and occasional out-of-town travel such as organization wide yearly staff summit regularly held in California. Availability to work nights and weekends maybe required. GRID Alternatives may provide vehicles for work travel and/or travel reimbursement for personal vehicle use, but applicant must hold a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Term Entry
- Company GRID Alternatives