Nexamp is seeking a Design Engineer to perform engineering and project support tasks for commercial and utility scale photovoltaic systems.
Nexamp is leading the transformation to the new energy economy with proven solutions for solar energy development, ownership, and operation. The Company’s comprehensive capabilities span the entire solar project lifecycle – from project development, design and construction to financing and operations and maintenance. Nexamp’s ability to provide integrated, best-in-class solutions makes solar energy simple and profitable for our clients and partners.
Nexamp has raised corporate equity from Mitsubishi’s Diamond Generating Corporation and Point Judith Capital. The Company is a national leader in the Commercial and Industrial space and Community solar. Our team is comprised of innovators and leaders who have a strong passion to deliver commercial and community solar. For more information, please visit www.nexamp.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to Nexamp development, engineering, procurement, construction, and O&M departments for the entire life cycle of a project including development, permitting, construction, and asset management phases.
- Interact with a variety of engineering disciplines including civil, geotechnical, structural, and electrical.
- Perform site visits for project assessment and feasibility.
- Create conceptual design layouts and electrical diagrams for solar power plants utilizing AutoCAD and Helios 3D Solar Park Planning software with engineering oversight.
- Create energy models for solar power plants utilizing PVSYST software with engineering oversight.
- Support utility interconnection and permitting application processes.
- Develop proficiency in NEC and other applicable state and local codes.
- Additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and customer and results-oriented.
- Degree in engineering or equivalent educational/certification background.
- AutoCAD proficiency.
- PVSYST and/or Helios 3D Solar Park Planning software proficiency preferred.
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software proficiency.
- Knowledge of electrical principles preferred.
- Term Entry
- Company nexamp