The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) is looking for Fellow/ Intern to join its photovoltaics and building enclosure team. This is an opportunity to develop R&D capabilities and work with cutting-edge clean technology solutions for a wide variety of clients. You’ll be a key part of a dynamic team based in Boston, Massachusetts working on sustainable energy technology development. Fellowships/Internship positions typically last for 6-12 months. Many fellows go on to find successful employment because of the practical experience acquired at Fraunhofer CSE.
Responsibilities and Learning Opportunities:
- Work with engineers and scientists:
- on the design of next generation solar module concepts, and characterize them.
- on high performance building enclosure materials and systems
- Perform solar module material degradation tests and carry out experiments to understand underlying failure mechanisms.
- Operate, maintain and improve module fabrication and characterization equipment for R&D purposes.
- Build and assemble mechanical and electronic devices relating to solar modules and characterization.
- Participate in laboratory and field experiments with use of innovative building enclosure systems and materials.
- Assist with data analysis including determination of heat flows, temperature profiles, energy consumption, moisture content, and thermal comfort conditions.
- Design and monitor laboratory experiments on modules and communicate results using verbal and written means.
Required Education and Experience:
- An excellent academic record in a science or engineering discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accept a high degree of responsibility in a team-based organization, combined with ability to work independently.
- Experience in laboratory work.
- An aptitude for learning new things.
- Going the extra mile to support the team’s research projects.
- Working to ensure that the laboratory remains a positive, creative, and safe working environment at all times.
- Term Entry +
- Company Fraunhofer