The Financial Analyst supports management and operations with information, analytics and financial services in order to achieve the company’s mission and execute its strategic plan. This position monitors and advances the financial health of the company by managing cash flow, enhancing profit, watching costs and safeguarding assets. This includes ensuring the financial health of Solar project(s) by aggressively collecting revenue, accurately forecasting costs and revenues, and timely escalating all potential financial issues to Senior Management. This position is also responsible for job forecasting, cash flow forecasting, budget download, subcontractor invoicing, change orders, compliance auditing and financial reporting. Will work primarily at the Massachusetts office but will need to occasionally travel to the different jobsites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing formal financial statements.
- Developing accurate company overhead forecast projections.
- Preparing quarterly accurate and reliable project forecasts and reports that enable management to make effective business decisions.
- Preparing the 12-month cash flow schedule with emphasis on the 30/60/90-day period.
- Quarterly financial statements including underlying analysis and support for items in the financials
- Preparing supplementary schedules of job costs percentage of completion
- Leading the initial budget download process, and working with the super/PM to setup the coding structure for the project. On a timely basis updating the project budget to account for change orders and project revisions.
- Ensuring all client invoices are submitted on time and with the appropriate documentation. Following up to assure timely payment of invoices, change orders and claims.
- Understanding variances and identifies the components of the over/under billing. Communicating this information to senior management and works with the project team to resolve.
- Ensuring all payroll issues are accurately and timely resolved.
- Ensuring all subcontractor documentation is received and executed in a timely manner to ensure compliance to the payment terms of the Subcontractor Agreement. Reviewing reports and invoices to make sure there is no wasteful spending.
- Ensuring all invoices are received and vouchered in the appropriate month, prior to the monthly closing deadline
- Reviewing and understanding the Client’s contract for general specifications, sales tax, invoicing, extra work billing, and change management.
- Reviewing the weekly equipment charges and utilization reports. Discussing any variances with the project team to ensure they make real time cost decisions.
- Reconciling job costs to general ledgers.
- Assisting in the preparation of schedules, reports, and various supporting documents used in audits performed by independent public accountants
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or a related field.
- 2 – 3 years of private or public accounting experience, solar industry experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and people skills a must.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced challenging environment.
- Has a solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Knowledge of general ledger and financial statements.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment must take a pre-employment drug test and receive a negative result as a condition of hire.
- Term Entry +
- Company Conti Solar