- 3+ years of experience in solar PV technical sales, utility resource planning, power project development, project finance, energy marketing or other power/energy experience.
- Understanding of power markets and economic drivers of power plant development.
- Financial modeling of power projects or other assets
- Bachelors and/or Graduate Degree, in Economics, Engineering, Business, Government, Public Policy or related discipline
- Understanding of power/energy markets, ISO/RTO market function and stakeholder process
- Proven analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm and demonstrated ability to motivate team
- Knowledge of solar, sustainability and environmental policies, issues, and benefits.
- Understanding of applications for photovoltaic solutions and CdTe technology
- Excellent understanding of SaaS applications, including SNL.com, Morningstar, Salesforce.com, Tableau and MS Office.
- Familiarity with ABB/Ventyx, SNL, Wood Mackenzie and/or similar tools and services
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
- W hat are the essential responsibilities for this position (i.e. chief duties)?
Responsible for gathering and internal reporting related to pricing proposals RFP responses, and real-time market feedback Prepare RFP response packages and project manages cross functional teams to support preparation proposals Builds and maintains customer and commercial database in Salesforce.com Responsible for gathering real-time market feedback, performing market analyses and evaluating market parameters in coordination with Development, Government Affairs and Project Finance Attend relevant state, ISO/RTO stakeholder, or industry organization meetings/conferences in order to monitor issues and trends of importance to First Solar. Track and understand customer perspectives on relevant regulatory and power market issues. Other duties as assigned Job description subject to change at any time Reporting Relationships: This position will report directly to the Manager/Sr. Manager of Utility and Market Origination The analyst will also support multiple US regionally specific originators, and may support other US geographic regions on an as needed basis Travel: 10-20% US Physical Requirements: All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting.
- Term Entry +
- Company First Solar