- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing large utility scale power generation projects with major utilities or independent power producers resulting in the financing and construction of existing utility scale power plants
- Demonstrated achievement in developing projects from pre-development activities through advanced stage development and eventual commercial operations
- 2-3 year experience in various markets including customer relationships and deep knowledge of respective RTOs
- 2-3 year experience preferred in utility scale renewable energy and understanding of associated fundamentals including Renewable Portfolio Standards, Investment Tax Credit and related incentives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics, engineering or related field
- MBA, preferred
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
- Demonstrated track record of interacting successfully with management
- Strong project management skills and leadership experience
- Must be motivated, self-starter, capable of setting and managing multiple key priorities.
Extensive understanding of the US Power Markets including pricing, generation, demand and other key fundamentals which influence customers and markets Essential Responsibilities: Responsible for the sourcing and due diligence of utility scale solar power plant development assets, to include assembling and leading a team of professionals in various company functional areas during the due diligence phase (real estate, engineering, transmission and permitting) as well as working with the origination and legal teams to structure, negotiate and close transactions Direct regional team which may include project development Analyst/Associate and/or a network of contract developers Perform technical, economic and risk analysis of solar power plant projects Interact with local zoning and permitting boards, taxing jurisdictions as well as state level Public Service Commissions and staff Initiate and manage all stakeholder relationships of solar energy project sites. Stakeholders will include landowners, permitting agencies, regional and local transmission authorities, regulatory authorities, community and public relations Provide support to the origination team on opportunities with key electric utility and other customers on a proactive basis to secure PPAs Provide project development inputs to internal team and efforts to respond to RFPs Make management presentations, manage transaction approval process and interact with internal staff Other areas of responsibility include staying current on regulatory/legislative trends and changes as well as competitor and market analysis Transactions will typically range from 50-100+ MW Working with the origination and project finance teams, provide executive management with independent input on expected or likely range of financial results from projects put forward for approval. Other duties as assigned Job description subject to change at any time Reporting Relationships: Director Project Development Travel: Up to 25% US Physical Requirements: All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. First Solar is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship. – Language Requirements – Experience Land Acquisition, Development and/or Transmission Application Processes, Power Project Development – Education Bachelor of Engineering (Required) – Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role.
- Term Entry +
- Company First Solar