The O&M Engineer is responsible for working to maintain Utility & commercial inverters, PV Solar equipment and customer site equipment in the field at the assigned site. Duties include but not limited to: commissioning, troubleshooting, repairing, and analyzing Utility & commercial inverter applications, regular working with low & medium voltage electricity, and maintaining excellent customer service activities while assigned at a customer site(s).
- Commissions, troubleshoots, repairs, and analyzes Utility & commercial inverters, PV Solar equipment and customer site equipment in the field, via email, telephone.
- Develops a detailed knowledge of SMA’s and other Utility & commercial inverter products, associated PV accessories, site equipment and third party accessories that are sold by SMA or installed at a customer’s site for use with the inverters.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the applicable National Electric and Electrical safety code(s) (NEC, NFPA70E, NESC, OSHA)
- Regularly works with high voltage DC electricity, Low & Medium voltage three phase power, SCADA or 3rd party monitoring and the relevant software and firmware of the inverters site equipment.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction while striving to lower the costs of site service.
- Working from heights, on ladders or lift equipment. Ability to or experience in forklifts. Will work from Remote Home office and travel as required to SMA or customers sites. Other duties as may be required or assigned.
- An Associate’s degree or higher in a technical field is strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years experience in PV Solar and/or PV Solar O&M.
- At least 3 years of experience in electrical, electronic and/or network communications are required. California Electrical License or Electrical Contractors license preferred.
- NABCEP Certification strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of solar and/or alternative energy markets is preferred.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code(s) and Electrical Safety Code(s) is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
- This position requires infrequent domestic and international travel.
- Term Entry +
- Company SMA Solar