Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for fulfilling early stage engineering needs in order to bid on new solar projects.
- Create basic designs of commercial and utility scale Photovoltaic systems, and evaluate system performance
- Choose equipment, evaluating usable area on a site, optimizing the configuration, comparing performance of multiple designs, and communicating details to the sales team.
- Previous experience with AUTOCAD software is required.
- Produce drawings of system layouts, evaluate Energy production in PVSyst software, and support the Business Development team as they create proposals for potential projects.
- Presales Department will be heavily tasked with supporting new efforts and establishing appropriate process and procedure.
- Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program at a 4 year college (Electrical, Energy, or Mechanical preferred)
- 2 years of experience in a solar design related position
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft office proficiency, especially Excel
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D
- Term Entry +
- Company M+W Energy