This position will have responsibility for developing new and upgraded products based on product and marketing requirements. Key efforts include project leadership, evaluation of new materials and structures, and coordination or execution of product testing, including certification.
- Evaluate and develop new designs, materials, and processes to support product development plans to meet market requirements including designing to unit cost
- Characterize and document critical product performance parameters to support engineering specifications
- Create and update product specifications, and support development of installation documents and application notes
- Properly document test results. Prepare and present reports of results to peers and management
- Support failure analysis of problematic PV modules, and troubleshoot product performance and design issues
- Participate in production process improvement, root cause analysis, process audits and QA programs
- Train associates, including operators, maintenance, engineers, etc. as required
- Design test protocols for test and prototype production equipment; operate and maintain laboratory and prototype equipment as needed.
- Ensure safety compliance in own area and others.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, related to product and process improvement
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering field (Materials, Mechanical, Electrical preferred)
- At least three years experience in Product Development
- Good computer and documentation skills a must.
- Good internal and external communication skills required
- Familiarity with a wide range of polymers and their properties as encapsulants desired
- Experience with PV measurement and associated instrumentation is desired
- Good data handling, reduction, interpretation, statistics, and reporting skills desired
- Knowledge of NEC, UL and/or IEC requirements and certification experience desired
- Term Entry +
- Company Global Solar