Reporting to the Project Controller, the Project Accountant will be responsible for tracking and reporting related to assigned projects. This will be a highly visible position with a requirement to work with all areas of the business. Each Project Accountant will be assigned multiple projects in various phases of construction at any given time.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret accounting related details of EPC Contracts and translate them into forecasts and financial event schedules.
- Track EPC contract event schedules throughout the project and communicate risks and chances.
- Enter budgets and SOV.
- Forecast project cash flows, cost and revenue through lifecycle of projects.
- Work closely with Project Managers to accurately forecast Cost at Completion.
- Generate invoicing to customers.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Engineering and Procurement to ensure necessary vendor commitments are made.
- Code requisitions and AP invoices to match budget & forecast.
- Review and validate project related expenses.
- Work with Contracts Manager and Project Managers on Prime Contract Change Orders to ensure timely processing and mitigate margin degradation.
- Analyze monthly PoC for assigned projects.
- Prepare reporting for management review as necessary.
- Oversee accounting of project closeouts.
- Perform Budget vs. Actual analysis of assigned projects following completion.
- Capable of presenting and discussing all aspects of a project’s status with Engineers, Project Managers and Executive Managers one-on-one or in a group environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a construction project environment.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, most importantly PoC Accounting methods.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Problem solving with ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well with individuals in all parts of the organization.
- General knowledge/experience with Oracle Projects 12.1.3
- Intermediate to high skill level in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Flexible with changing priorities and willing to work as needed to meet deadlines.
- Organized/self-starter capable of working independently and manage multiple deadlines.
- Must have strong software knowledge and skills.
- Term Entry +
- Company M+W Energy