The primary purpose of this position is to drive bookings and revenue growth in assigned geographical or industry vertical territories through establishing and maintaining key relationships with potential customers, project developers, financiers, and policy-makers. The candidate will be expected to be a primary regional expert in the company, and must either have or quickly develop fundamental market knowledge and the ability to create a successful plan to win new business. A strong applicant will be smart, articulate, motivated, independent, creative, and organized, with the ability to learn the technical and financial details of our business quickly.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Meet or exceed annual sales targets ( >$20MM).
- Lead/opportunity generation primarily through independent activities including account profiling, cold calls, business networking and other market penetration strategies.
- Generate proposals, quotes, and formal RFP responses.
- Work with legal and executive teams to negotiate contract terms and close transactions.
- Consult with clients, construction and finance professionals in developing necessary financial models and assist with tax, financing, and regulatory related research and negotiations.
- Lead project hand-off to operations team for closed business.
- Represent Borrego Solar at marketing events such as trade shows and industry events.
- Appropriately maintain pipeline reporting and deal activity (Salesforce exp. preferred).
- Developing projects from inception to executed construction contract, including developing an incentive acquisition plan and obtaining site control, determining interconnection options and site constraints, preparing permitting plans and supporting permit approval processes, identifying and removing impediments to finance, and working as part of an internal engineering, operations, and finance team through late stage development.
- Quickly identify key players and potential clients in the Target Market, filter and prioritize “real” opportunities from others.
- Gather market intelligence and expand relationships with appropriate government, regulatory, and utility officials to understand project approval process, electric rates and regulations and incentives structures.
- Analyze impact of changing regulatory environments and adjust strategy as necessary.
- Work independently and with senior management team to develop and execute on strategic plans to win identified opportunities.
- Work with Borrego PV Engineers and Finance teams to identify the most appropriate technical, material and financial solutions to optimize system competitiveness and be able to clearly present combined technical and financial solution to clients.
- Tenacious problem solver that can accurately identify, assess, solve, implement, and communicate outcomes of complex challenges.
- Self-motivated, independent professional with excellent communication skills, strong technical aptitude and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands Passion for renewable energy.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of the solar industry preferred – or equivalent knowledge and experience in large capex sales into Commercial and Industrial clients; including account penetration and influence of Corporate and Board level decision makers.
- Successful track record in a complex sales environment (over 5 years’ of $1MM sales transactions), preference for commercial or public-sector photovoltaic sales experience. Complex sales include technical, construction and/or financial products with mid-to-long sales cycles, and require established skillsets including relationship building, lead generation and deal closing, and demonstrated account growth and project advancement abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and interface effectively with cross-functional employee groups.
- Ability to spend time in-person with customers and travel frequently in assigned territory (20-50% travel).
- Understanding of finance / business concepts (NPV, ROI, IRR, etc.).
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies and ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Term Entry
- Company Borrego Solar