Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Project Engineer include the following:
- Actively work with OEM customers on new projects and review customer prints and BOMs based on electrical functions, component compatibility and manufacturability.
- Help customers design cables & wire harness products with low cost recommendation. Support quoting process, component and First Article qualification in an efficient way.
- Effectively lead projects from design stage to smooth ramp-up production, based on the project timeline.
- Interact with Sales, Inside Sales and Procurement groups to facilitate business execution, in order to reach company’s business objectives.
- Communicate all engineering related issues with Asia manufacturing facilities to ensure quality products to be built. Analyze root causes of quality issues and provide solutions to improve quality.
- Involved in defining engineering related work procedure/processes and build up engineering documentation system. Handle any other tasks assigned by reporting manager.
Education and/or Experience Requirements of a Project Engineer:
- Science or engineering bachelor degree or higher; BSEE is preferred
- 2+ years experiences of high-speed cable (3Gbps or faster) or smart cable design is desired
Knowledge and Skill Requirements of a Project Engineer:
- Extensive knowledge about interconnect technologies and products and I/O and video interfaces
- Bilingual in Mandarin is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- cable design: 2 years
- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- Term Entry +
- Company Bizlink