The Associate works with other associates and senior team members in the Project Finance & System Sales group to support the development, sale, and financing of First Solar’s utility-scale solar power projects. This pre-MBA role focuses on financial modelling and analytics to support First Solar’s Project Development and Business Development groups in preparing bids for new Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contracts. The Analyst also serves as the junior deal team member on sales of projects to leading IPPs, utilities, and financial investors. The ideal candidate will have a very solid financial modelling background, a strong work ethic, and a passion for the solar / renewable energy space.
- 1 – 3 years finance experience
- Investment banking, project finance, or corporate M&A experience is preferred
- Solar or renewable energy experience is a plus
- B.S. in finance, engineering or science is preferred; however, other majors are also acceptable if followed by the required professional finance experience.
- Excellent financial modeling skills and strong quantitative ability
- Professional presence and ability to communicate effectively to senior executives
- Ability to work under the guidance of a senior PF team member or stretch upwards to operate at the level of an investment banking senior analyst or junior associate as demanded by the situation
- Ability to creatively apply finance thinking and analysis to a wide range of problems related to the solar energy space with focus on utility-scale solar
- Create and analyze complex financial models for First Solar’s utility-scale solar projects in connection with PPA bids, EPC bids, asset sales, and acquisitions of outside projects
- Participate on deal teams to execute the sales and financing of First Solar’s projects
- Collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, and other corporate teams to drive initiatives to innovate and improve on First Solar’s product offerings and technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
- This position will report directly to the Manager – Project Finance
- This is an Associate level positon with no direct reports
- This positon is required to travel less than 10% of the time.
- Term Entry +
- Company First Solar