Sol Systems is seeking a full-time Project Development Analyst to support sales efforts within Sol’s industry leading distributed solar development business. Sol Development focuses on commercial and industrial customers as well as municipalities, universities, schools, and hospitals. The scope of the position will include financial modeling of potential solar opportunities, performing due diligence on sites, researching state policy and permitting requirements, providing support to Sol’s project development managers in their effort to identify, target, and secure solar customers. The role will require a unique combination of intellectual capability, solar development / policy understanding, and a desire to succeed.
The Project Development Analyst will be responsible for:
- Supporting our Project Developers to identify potential customers.
- Completing financial models in Excel for various unique opportunities.
- Presenting the correctly understood details of state policy requirements and development requirements in given state.
- Compiling a solar proposal specifically tailored to a company’s needs, including coordination with internal subject matter experts (SMEs) and concisely summarizing key information.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in business or related field
- Microsoft Excel financial modeling ability
- Experience with completing business related proposals
- Experience in renewable energy project finance and the ability to understand models
- Strong interest in solar development
- Ability to research complex policy issues and present in concise fashion
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, hands-on with attention to detail
- Curious, solutions-oriented mindset
Location & Hours: This position will be based at Farragut North in Washington, DC. This position is full-time with a required 5 days a week.
- Term Entry
- Company Sol Systems