The ideal candidate will fulfill a critical role for our rapidly growing company within our Accounting team. This is a hands-on position with tons of opportunities to further develop the depth and breadth of your accounting, reporting and operational skills. You will be integral to the Company’s SEC financial reporting and other external reporting to ensure compliance with SEC regulations, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and accounting for stock based compensation. You will also have the opportunity to research, assess and document the accounting implications associated with the Company’s significant business issues and transactions, emerging accounting issues and new accounting pronouncements, and key strategic initiatives in accordance with U.S. GAAP, and communicate conclusions to management and the external auditors. This is who we are If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it. In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as “solar as a service.” Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces. Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
- Financial reporting to ensure compliance with SEC regulations, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and other reporting including investor and lender reporting.
- Liase cross functionally with internal groups such as Asset Management, Project Finance, Legal, Stock Administration, IT, Operations and Corporate Tax to ensure investor reporting, compliance and tax filing requirements are
accurate, timely and complete.
- Prepare financial disclosures, draft portions of MD&A sections for external reporting.
- Participate in significant business transactions by providing accounting research and support monitoring of new accounting standards. Transactions may include variable interest entities, financial instruments, equity investments, share-based compensation, leases, etc.
- Document and update accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with legal and stock administration on the accuracy and completeness of equity awards activities and prepare the calculation of stock-based compensation expense monthly.
- Assist in developing and improving processes and procedures for our growing department.
- Assist with special projects as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance CPA certification achieved, minimum of 4 years or 5 busy seasons within public accounting, Big 4 experience preferred
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, minimum of 4 years or 5 busy seasons within public accounting plus relevant private industry experience with proxies, S-8, 8-K, 10Q/K, Big 4 experience preferred
- GAAP, SEC filing and SOX experience and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational, analytical, decision-making and research skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to meet project deliverables, and demonstrated success at ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task accordingly in a fast paced environment is required
- Must be detailed-oriented and highly organized
- Savvy with Workiva (required); Oracle a plus.
- Prior experience in solar or leasing industry preferred, but not required
- Term Entry +
- Company Sunrun