Tesla is currently seeking a dynamic engineering leader to lead our NPI team in at Gigafactory 2 in Buffalo, NY. The Associate Manager, New Product Introduction (NPI) will be responsible for leading the NPI team for our Solar Products Portfolio. This includes direct management of Program Managers and Project Engineers, as well as overall responsibility for managing launch of all new products in their respective portfolio.
- Drive all production launch activities to meet or exceed project timing milestones.
- Lead project milestone reviews.
- Provide clear project direction and status.
- Clear, frequent communication between peers and other work groups ensure project performance progress and provide updates on status, gaps to performance requirements and action plans to achieve requirements within project timing and design/budget constraints.
- Interact, integrate and drive results across cross-functional teams in engineering, supply chain, quality, production, and executive leadership.
- Communicate periodic status and achievement plans to teammates, executive leadership.
- Author weekly project status reports and issue resolution tracking reports.
- Create and execute timing, development and validation plans.
- Work with engineering teams to create and maintain Bills-of-Materials.
- Aid in the development and roll-out of NPI structure and processes.
- 10-20% Travel to Pilot R&D site as needed
- Hire, coach and develop world class talent.
- B.S. in Engineering, M.S or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years experience in a mix of engineering and Project Management fields.
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Production Operations Knowledge – Has a firm understanding of how production lines operate.
- Experienced at assessing manufacturability and able to clearly articulate issues and propose resolutions. A key indicator of success is driving this feedback upstream and achieving root cause resolution.
- Knowledgeable of how material moves in and throughout the factory. This includes everything from placement of an order, receiving of material, pull of material to the line, consumption of the material and delivery of the final product. Understanding of how to structure a configurable MBOM.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and manage large teams
- Works well under pressure and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Term Entry +
- Company Tesla