The Tesla Energy Grid Solutions team is small, committed, and fast moving. We are a group of applications engineers, power systems engineers, and project engineers that sit at the center of business development, Tesla technology, and the deployment of Tesla Energy projects on the grid. As a member of our team, you will help to shape the success of our projects in various applications worldwide. You must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Work with customers, business development, and deployment teams to create electrical site drawings that achieve the desired system functionality.
- Build the in-house capability to generate electrical and potentially mechanical construction drawings.
- Conduct site audits to determine electrical interconnection strategy.
- Understand Code requirements, installation feasibility, and cost implications of various options.
- Oversee and manage EPCs, providing feedback to designs and ensuring Tesla’s standards of quality, safety, and cost efficiency are met.
- Interact with jurisdictions and utilities regarding permitting and interconnection.
- Interact with electrical contractors during installation on any design related issues or questions.
- Develop technical or process documentation. There will be a strong focus on building Tesla’s technical documentation library.
This is diverse role where strong knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals is expected. Besides a rock-solid work ethic and a strong team oriented personality, members of our team display creativity, passion, and a desire to break new ground in a constantly shifting technology landscape.
- 3 years’ experience in solar PV system design.
- Working knowledge of the NEC as it applies to installation and interconnection of solar PV systems and energy storage systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power distribution equipment through design and site audit experience
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel
- Deep passion for changing the way we use energy on the electric grid
- BS in electrical engineering.
- MS in power systems is a plus.
- EIT certification with clear path and drive towards PE licensure.
- Strong electrical CAD skills.
- Skills with common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software etc) with the ability to create and maintain metrics.
- Ability to work cross functionally with engineering, business development, and construction personnel.
- Term Entry +
- Company Tesla