The New Markets Policy Intern will have a critical role ensuring the success of Cypress Creek’s community solar program across the U.S. As a fast-growing division of Cypress Creek Renewables, community solar has the potential to impact 10’s of thousands of lives across the US. You’ll be responsible for tracking and influencing the legislation that allows community solar to be a consumer choice.
Both current students and graduates are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with policy directors to track and analyze current and pending legislation
- Draft comments and influence decision makers to create new market opportunities
- Establish regular reporting systems to market directors to evaluate and create responses to key policy issues
- Work with industry trade groups to craft enabling policy in key markets
- 20-40 hours per week depending on availability
- BA/BS degree in economics, political science, public administration, or similar
- A bachelor’s degree, master’s degree in progress preferred.
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organization, communication skills and attention to detail
- Extraordinary technical writing ability
- Understanding of law making and the political environment
- Knowledge and a passion for the energy industry
- 10 hours a week minimum and ability to come into Santa Monica office between the months of March – June. Possible option for FT internship in summer.
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Cypress Creek Renewables