Responsibilities & Key Tasks
Technical Support Representative at Schneider Electric employ a combination of power, electrical, systems, network communications and hardware skills to:
• Help customers maintain the reliability and performance of their systems, and address any potential technical problem.
• Assist Installers/End Users with site-specific difficulties during new site commissioning as well as system upgrades and expansions.
• Work closely with our direct and indirect North America sales force to manage customer relationship and satisfaction.
• Assist sales personnel in the pursuit of new business by providing pre-sales technical support and assisting with customer evaluations and system selection.
• Research, identify, develop and recommend corrective measures to address technical issues identified in the field or in-house.
• Resolve technical problems from home owners, end customers, application engineers, sales and engineering teams.
• Identify and qualify product failures and assist product engineering in understanding and resolving them.
• Case tracking by entering cases in our Customer Relationship Management tool.
• Research and documentation of technical problems and solutions using our Knowledge Base.
• Design, plan, research, evaluate and test complex systems used to monitor and/or control electrical equipment and systems
• Engineering degree in Electrical, Power Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent
• Experience in software, hardware, networking, database and/or system troubleshooting, diagnosis and problem solving
• Power and/or electrical systems knowledge
• Computer knowledge, particularly relating to workstation, network and operating system installation and configuration
• Experience with Windows Operating Systems and networking
• Positive attitude, enthusiastic, self-motivated and customer-focused
• People-person and team player, enjoying the cross-functional interaction required for this position
• Quick learner with an inquiring mind
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to work with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds, including consultants, senior professional engineers, energy managers, electricians, IT engineers and personnel, account managers, sales personnel
• Knowledge of Schneider Electric Solar products
• Knowledge of electrical power industry
• On-site power system experience
• Understanding of Power Quality standard
• Ability to read schematics
• Experience with CRM systems, Salesforce
• Fluent in Spanish
Primary Location : US-California-Costa Mesa
- Term Entry +
- Company Schneider Electric