The Settlement Analyst is responsible for the settlement activity of assigned assets including the resolution of data and pricing issues that arise during the settlement process. This will involve daily communications with Counterparties, Traders, Asset Managers, and Operations, as well as, detailed analysis and interpretation of generation allocations and algorithms, understanding contracts, and complex contractual pricing components. It is essential for the Analyst to exercise good business judgment and to make prudent business decisions in order to resolve any disputes with customers in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the renewable energy industry and differentiate the various sectors of related energy and market RTOs/ISOs.
- Validate generation data with internal and external sources, including PI, SCADA and GIS systems.
- Send daily meter data validations for PJM, NYISO and SPP related projects to counterparties, while adhering to timing deadlines.
- Prepare weekly and monthly invoices with validated generation and price detail for energy customers and hedge counterparties by contractual guidelines.
- Navigate the PJM, NYISO, ERCOT, SPP, CAISO, ISO NE and IESO website portals for settlement files and pricing data while applying the information to settlement reconciliations.
- Perform analytical research to determine cause of any settlement discrepancy.
- Produce revenue projections based on power sales and invoicing history.
- Demonstrate expertise with Settlement software and ability to navigate the system.
- Monitor power transactions to ensure they are captured in the Energy Trading and Risk Management system correctly.
- Submit quarterly reports to FERC EQR by deadline dates.
- Report to the Department of Energy on a monthly and annual basis all required information as requested.
- Be available to assist other departments with on demand financial and market analysis for the entire fleet of projects.
- Work independently with little direction, as well as, in a team setting.
- Assist Sr. Management with onboarding new projects in development.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an analytical field such as, finance, accounting, or similar field.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize during high volume times of the month.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point. Must be able to exhibit solid understanding of Excel formulas.
- Exhibit outstanding phone, email, and personal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starting and motivated team player who is able to efficiently become skilled at new systems and effectively manage deadlines.
- Term Entry +
- Company Invenergy