Expand your technical, analytical and professional skills while learning about the growing clean and renewable energy industry. Invenergy, North America’s largest, privately-held renewable energy provider is looking for third and fourth year undergraduate students who want to gain experience supporting the development of utility-scale wind and solar projects.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, Invenergy has successfully developed 106 utility-scale projects across the globe totaling more than 16,000 megawatts and currently operates over 50 wind, solar, natural gas and storage projects. We offer students the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge to real world experiences while immersing themselves in the dynamic, entrepreneurial culture of a growing company.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Invenergy’s Renewable Development team is responsible for identifying opportunities for new wind and solar projects and advancing them through the development process. Renewable Development is integral in all stages of the development of a power plant including site identification, permitting, establishing interconnection positions and community engagement. As an Intern in Renewable Development, you will use your organizational, and interpersonal skills to support Invenergy’s development efforts.
In addition to day-to-day work, Invenergy Interns will participate in organized activities that will provide insight into various aspects of the energy industry. Students successfully completing an internship after graduation may be considered for a full time position.
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Bachelor’s degree program with an expected graduation date between May 2018 and May 2019.
- Majoring in a quantitative discipline with a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Business and Engineering majors preferred.
- Ability to complete a 10 – 12 week internship program in Chicago, IL beginning in May or June 2018.
- Comfortable working in an amorphous environment.
- Strong interest in the renewable and clean energy sector.
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Invenergy