Schneider Electric seeks a Finance intern to work on business performance analysis and cost controlling duties for a leading line of business with presence in more than 100 countries and dynamic strategic environment.
In this internship position, you will work on the team that supports the Innovation, Product Management and Global Strategy of the world’s leader in UPS products (uninterruptible power supplies), usually branded APC (American Power Conversion). The Secure Power (IT) business is one of the strong businesses of the Schneider Electric group, the global specialist in energy management and automation.
You will help to provide key financial analyses on the global financial performance of the business, as well as on innovation projects before their approval and/or before the new offer launches. You will contribute to the finance team’s goals of supporting growth and profitability, short and long term.
The position will be based in West Kingston, Rhode Island. An alternative location is Andover, Massachusetts.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
· Analyzing actual LOB (line of business) expenses and investigating gaps to expectations
· Supporting the expenses forecasting process
· Supporting efficient controlling through data integration
· Analyzing LOB revenue and margin performance, investigate gaps to expectations
· Participating to innovation projects review meetings
· Supporting financial evaluation of innovation projects through data integration
· Improving finance monitoring of innovation project expenses
Local Candidates are highly preferred since the position does not include relocation benefits. Ideally, you should be junior or senior majoring in Finance/Accounting, or Business Administration in good academic standing (GPA &
gt; 3.0) Additionally, you should possess the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Interest in corporate finance
- Good collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions while being proactive and autonomous
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Schneider Electric