The Industrial Engineering INTERN position will have responsibility for driving continuous improvement within our operations group. This person will lead eliminate barriers within our Short Interval Management Process with a special focus upon action and project completion directed by our Schneider Performance System scorecard.
A safety focused individual who demonstrates leadership aptitudes, mechanical aptitude, and an excellent work ethic are critical for this role.
A Industrial Engineer INTERN must be an excellent influencer, communicator and coordinator at all levels within the organization. Be collaborative, proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and fast changing environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization.
- Utilize existing and learn Lean Manufacturing concepts while resolving barriers and implementing improvements
- Pro-actively identify barriers and eliminate them
- Accept coaching, direction, and mentoring while quickly following through with assigned tasks.
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be self-managed, lead small scale projects, and quickly take assigned tasks to completion.
- Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, leading by example, being respectful of others.
- Knowledge and application experience with Microsoft applications, OUTLOOK email, AutoCad, Visio, SAP system are all a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, Quality, or Industrial Engineering… or another relevant engineering or supply chain related degree.
Experience (desired and preferred, not required):
- Previous relevant work experience within a manufacturing environment (via other internships, co-ops, etc.)
- Lean Manufacturing concept knowledge and experience.
- Prior experience in value stream / flow management and a basic understanding of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to drive improvement via working with others.
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Schneider Electric