We are looking for a Summer Intern to join our Electronics Hardware Engineering team. You will be supporting multiple projects from test design and planning through execution to completion including preliminary analysis of data results. You will also be involved with developing and executing comprehensive test plans to validate S&C products meet or exceed Marketing/Engineering design requirements. Also, you will be working closely with the Hardware/Software Design teams to understand product design and provide feedback to design and development process for a design for testability concept as well as performing root cause analysis and corrective action for design issues found during the product design verification. The next generation of S&C products offer lots of opportunities for creating new tests and procedures that help set our product apart in the market. If you like working on a variety of technologies, like solving tough problems, are interested in helping build a great team anddesign verification lab, and are looking for the excitement of working with Smart Grid technologies, then this is the role for you.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop test procedures that adhere to industry standards to prove performance and reliability of new product designs.
- Develop and maintain Automatic Test Systems – Hardware/Software integration.
- Perform testing on new products as needed during the new product development cycle. Testing may include automatic and/or manual testing.
- Perform Failure analysis.
- Understand various statistical analysis methods.
- Work with FRACAS (Failure Report and Corrective Action System).
- Develop new test methodologies.
- Build design verification test labs.
- Direct test technicians.
- Support ongoing design verification test activities.
- Evaluate test data and provide feedback to Design Engineering teams.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Must be pursuing a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering with preference in power systems and or power electronics and returning to school after the end of the internship.
- Ability to interact with suppliers and customers on engineering design issues.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills for presenting, discussing, and documenting technical information.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a desired goal.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Demonstrated ability to independently draw conclusions from technical information.
- Adaptable and flexible: open to change and able to respond to new information, workload changes or updated priorities as they present themselves.
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
- Term Entry +
- Company S & C Electric Co