Work with our Supply Management team to complete a variety of tasks. Performs reporting and analysis, market research, running reports, updating tables, and other related tasks as needed. Participant will have opportunities to interact with employees at all levels of the organization efforts to meet the daily business needs of Sempra Infrastructure and its affiliated companies.
- Assist the Buyers in pricing negotiations, delivery and terms and conditions analysis for procurement of assigned commodities or services and issue low-dollar, low-risk purchasing documents in support of the business.
- Learn and research market trends utilizing cost intelligence tools and monitoring market data on key suppliers – advise team/management of any industry or supplier issues that may affect price, service, quality or any threats/opportunities to our supply chain team.
- Learn to interface with cross-functional departments, such as safety, insurance, risk, legal, tax, accounting and suppliers to resolve issues, establish priorities, and deliver the most value to the business.
- Develop and manage reports to help analyze trends in various areas of the energy industry and assist Buyers with decision making.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
• Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, Accounting or Finance.
• Experience with creating reports for distribution to management in concise and easily understandable formats.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Abilities
• Strong academic performance and career interest in supply chain management
• Microsoft Office 365 Experience; Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Value teamwork, diversity and integrity
• Ability to multi-task and respond to quickly-shifting priorities
• Exhibit excellent communication abilities
*This is a Summer internship
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
- Term Intern summer 2018
- Company Sempra Energy