Working with clear instructions, the Energy Analyst provides quantitative analysis to support Vestas strategic planning and business decisions. By combining a deep understanding of power market fundamentals, wind customer and project economics, cost of electricity roadmaps, and customer activities, the Energy Analytics Leader will create the analytical framework to achieve short-term profit maximization and long-term wind competitiveness in future power markets.
- Provide modeling and quantitative analysis of underlying industry fundamentals including power markets, wind project, product and market economics, and alternative sources of generation (i.e. solar) to support business strategy and decision making.
- Work with critical functions (product management, sourcing, construction, services) to create and track roadmap to wind economic competitiveness in the Post-PTC era
- Quantify impact of external market factors such as economic incentives, supply chain price volatility, environmental restrictions, and federal/state/local governmental rules as it may impact company revenue.
- Support various departmental requests for market research and analysis.
- Assist the Financial Engineers in obtaining general market and customer information by reviewing public documents such as but not limited to 10K, 10Q, Annual Reports, SEC filings, PUC filings, transmission interconnection filings, reviewing utilities web sites for information related to their Integrated Resource Plan, etc.
- Support Government Relations department with research requests.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, engineering, economics, or finance, MBA preferable
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative modeling.
- Experience working in energy and a basic understanding of energy markets
- Prior experience from the energy industry, energy services, or energy regulatory environment preferred.
- Proficiency with applicable software applications to include Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong developed organizational and influence skills with demonstrated ability to project manage leveraging the matrix of functional support of Vestas.
- Advanced knowledge of System skills – Microsoft Office, ERP / MRP systems, CRM database, etc.
- Ability to perform under high pressure and dynamic work environment managing multiple deliverables.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Ability to assimilate technical and commercial information and translate that into appropriate business assessments.
- Essential behaviors – cooperation, continuous improvement, flexibility, customer focus, active listener, etc.
- Communication- Strong verbal and written communication skills required (level of communication within company – with team, stakeholders, all levels, etc.)
- Term Entry +
- Company Vestas Wind Systems